home about me blogroll contact

Monday, December 27, 2010

iPads & 1200 thread count bed sheets...

These two items are my new guilty pleasures. Both were Christmas presents. I say guilty pleasures because even though I love having them both, I feel like a total diva as I sit up in my king-sized bed that's adorned with newly washed silken smooth sheets, typing away and browsing the web on my iPad. Oh well. As long as I don't develop the heart or the personality of a diva, right?

Anyway, I don't want an entire blog post to be about my two newest material possessions. As excited as I am about them, I am even more excited about the life changes that are about to take place. And we all know the best way to document such things is by trusty ole' bullet points. In all seriousness, though, with the upcoming new year, I have plans to make some big changes, and I feel it's good to put these things down as sort of a means of holding myself accountable. <- and others, too, of course. That being said:

*I'm on my way to a healthier lifestyle. Physically speaking, I have a want to be more active, and a longing to feel better about myself. I'm tired of living day after day hating certain things about the way I look, but lacking the motivation or the will to change those things. It's time for me to get serious. Mentally speaking, I have to make changes as well. Its time for me to put my foot down and stop letting negative thoughts and insecurities hold me back. I want to look in the mirror and know without a doubt that my husband loves me, rather than question all the time. Sure I carry a few more pounds than I did when he first met me, but it hasn't changed who I am, which ultimately is the reason he fell in love with me to begin with. But that doesn't mean I let myself go (physically) either. I want to be my best physically and mentally for my husband, and more importantly, myself. So the new year will begin with a new running schedule, and I will kick it off in February with my first ever 5k run. I registered already. I'm excited. No turning back. Period.

*A few posts back, I wrote a little about some possibilities for adoption becoming a reality for us. Jeremy and I talk about it a lot, and really feel the calling on our life together to adopt a child. We would still love to have a biological child, but we know we have to wait on the Lord for that miracle. And we are both okay with that. As far as adopting, nothing is set in stone as far as details go, but we know we are supposed to move forward. I am so excited about what this year will hold. Just to preface, though, I hold no expectations. I trust that God is going to lead us exactly where we need to go. I know it's probably going to be a difficult, emotional and long road ahead, but we both just want to be obedient to what God has planned for our life as parents.

*We are also going to take as many opportunities as possible for 2011 to pay off some debt. I think throughout our relationship we've done a pretty good job of keeping the numbers low (and I have to say we have never owned a credit card to this day), but it will be a happy day in our household when a vehicle is paid off!! So here's to getting out of debt!

There is obviously more, but not everything needs to be put out there. I'm gonna leave it at that for now and go be a diva while I enjoy a cup of coffee in my bed with my iPad and 1200 thread count sheets :-)


1 comment:

Fearfully. Wonderfully. said...

I feel you on the guilty pleasures, as I type from my macbook while sipping my tassimo coffee. :)

But I do like the sheets idea, I should pass that one over to my hubby.

And my heart smiled when I read that you know you are supposed to move forward. It speaks so loudly to me when children of God seek Him enough that they can KNOW which direction to go. But you already knew that. I cannot wait to see what is in store.

Love you friend