home about me blogroll contact

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daydreaming...

"And somewhere while you’re sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be" - Steven Curtis Chapman

I cannot tell you the number of times a day I catch myself dreaming of bringing our baby home. I cannot describe the emotions that come flooding me as I realize that the weight of all the days, weeks, and months turned into years of waiting will lift on that day. I cannot fathom the impact that will be had in our lives when we we look into the eyes of our child. The child that we've so desperately prayed for and longed for. No amount of paperwork or legalities can compare to loving the child who God has chosen for us to raise. In a moment, all that has been will be lost in what will be a future with our child.

Will our son or daughter look like us? Probably not. Will this little life have endured more hardship or uncertainty than he or she should before we bring them home? Most likely. Are their fears? Some. Questions to ponder? Absolutely. But it is all worth it to one day be able to look into that little face of Jesus and say, "You belong here."

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15


No comments: